Sunday 15 April 2012

You did say this was a craft blog?

Yes, yes I did. There's one more post on Tuscany to come, but first, I think some crafting updates are in order. First - I finished the log cabin cushion!


On the whole I'm very pleased with this. In the interests of full disclosure, I must confess I messed up one of the buttonholes on the back, but I don't think it's too noticeable - I just need more practice! I really like the fabrics and red and white look, and it was quite satisfying to put together.



I've made some progress on the crocheted squares too - by yesterday I had done forty-four, which means I'm halfway.



I also piled them all up, just to see how they looked!


Hard to photograph! I think it's looking good though, and I'm enjoying making them - and they are very portable, so I'm managing to get a lot done on the train to and from work. I like that each square is just one colour, so I'm getting the multi-coloured effect but without having so many ends to weave in. Definitely a good thing.

Finally, I have joined in Karen's Pyjama Party sewalong - my first sewalong and my first attempt at following a pattern for an item of clothing without a teacher standing next to me! I have my pattern, and am waiting for my fabric to arrive. I've gone for a brushed cotton for the cosy feel!


I'll show you as soon as it arrives and I've plucked up the courage to cut into it! Back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment