Wednesday 4 April 2012

Crafts, Cake and a Cemetery!

My visit to Ray Stitch was just the start of my adventures on Saturday. Next up: the Selvedge Spring Fair. I'd never been to this before, but had read about it in blogland, so was keen to see it for myself! It was just as lovely as I thought it would be and I had to exercise a lot of self-control not to spend too much money. In the end I was very restrained and just bought some postcards and a fabric covered button from Becky Adams.




I was sorely tempted though by Emma's beautiful jewellery and will be adding either a brooch or a necklace to my birthday wishlist! After a quick look around the fair, I then hot-footed it up the hill to Highgate village to meet up with two old friends from school. The main reason for coming to Highgate was to visit High Tea of Highgate - it's been on my to-do list for over a year now! I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint; the lavender cake was delicious.


We had to earn the cake though - first with a walk round Highgate Cemetery, and then back through Waterlow Park - with great views over the city.




It was a lovely day out!
I'm off on my Easter hols now - a trip report and crochet update to follow next week! Happy Easter!

P.S. Needless to say, the log cabin cushion hasn't been finished - good intentions and all that! Maybe next week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment