Sunday 1 April 2012

Log cabin cushion

Hope everyone's had a good weekend! I've been out and about, so not much time for crafting! I thought I'd show you my current sewing project though. It's from this book by Emma Hardy.


It's a really lovely book, although I do find the 'time to make this project' estimates slightly over-optimistic! 2 hours? Really? Something to aim for I suppose!


This is how far I've got - hopefully I can get it finished this week (in between the crocheting). I'm pleased with how it's looking so far. The fabrics are mostly from my stash, with a couple of new ones that I bought at Millie Moon in Frome in January. What a gorgeous shop! I wish it was a bit closer - they run lots of classes, have an amazing selection of beautiful fabrics and even have a sewing club once a month, to get together with other sewists to work on projects, compare notes and chat over tea and cake. Slightly jealous!

I did though find another lovely shop on Saturday, rather closer to home (a day trip away, rather than a weekend!). I went to Raystitch, which is both a shop and a cafe, for a little retail therapy. I bought two buttons to use on the log cabin cushion cover, some fabric to use for the back of a wall hanging I'm working on (pics. to follow of that one!), some felt for a name book I'm planning for my niece's first birthday AND a skirt pattern for my first foray into clothes making. Lots to keep me busy there! I really liked Raystitch and will definitely be back - but only after I've finished at least some of these makes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment